VGM (Verified Gross Mass) = Total Weight of Cargo, Loading Aids, Dunnage and Tare of Container to become effective July 1st, 2016
Major incidents and accidents, resulting from overweight containers, have prompted the international shipping community to take action in order to prevent incorrect weight declarations. The International Maritime Organization (IMO) in collaboration with industry representatives has, therefore, adopted specific rules as part of the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Convention.
How will Kuehne +Nagel implement the SOLAS Verified Gross Mass Regulation which becomes effective July 1st, 2016. Please see link on right for more details on "How will Kuehne + Nagel...."
FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEE OUR FAQ PAGE
TERMINAL PORT STATUS
SCALE LOCATIONS ACROSS CANADA
- Transport Canada
- Crowley - Container Weight Verification Requirements
- NYK - IMO Requirement for Container Gross Weight Verification
- OOCL - The SOLAS Container Weight Verification Requirements
- World Shipping Council - Cargo Weight
- Magrath’s International Legal Council
- APL - SOLAS information and handbook
- Hapag-Lloyd - SOLAS information for Shipper and Terminal
- World Shipping Council - Industry Issues