Getting started for Non-resident Importers
The documents below will help you to understand the concept of a Non-resident Importer and also discuss the various documentation required in order to become an Importer of Record in Canada. It will emphasize the regulations and procedures involved in the NRI process.
Benefit from the advantages of being an NRI
- Control and visibility over your whole supply chain
- Reduce operating costs by eliminating a physical presence in Canada
- Allow your customers to order goods customs cleared and delivered to their doors - just as they would from your Canadian competition
- Deal with larger retailers who insist on DDP/DAP terms
- Dedicated customs and trade consultants with expertise compliance issues